Home and Living Options


Supported independent Living.


Short Term Accommodation inc Respite


Medium Term Accommodation


Independent Living Options

Supported Independent Living (SIL)

City to Country Care provides Supported Independent Living (SIL) which is the help and/or supervision of daily tasks to help participants live as independently as possible while building their skills. This model of supported accommodation is for people who want to feel included, to live life their way, and to be in a safe and happy home environment.  You can have a place you can call home and live independently, where your choices and privacy are respected.

Our homes house up to 4 participants and have 24x7 carers on site who provide assistance and supports to you.  You can enjoy the privacy of your own bedroom as well as shared spaces where you will have companionship with people who have similar interests as you do. You will receive assistance and/or supports with daily living such as personal care, attending medical appointments, medication administration, preparation of meals, household tasks, transportation, community participation, assistance with positive behavior supports, and much more. You will also enjoy a variety of supervised indoor and outdoor activities, from shopping to movie nights, gardening in the backyard, and BBQ’s with others. 

What are the Benefits of Supported Accommodation with City to Country Care

  • You retain your independence.  You may even become more independent. 
  • Live with your friends or make new friends at your new home. 
  • Develop your living skills, and you may even develop new skills. 
  • Identify and achieve goals. 
  • Access the community. 
  • Attend Social events. 
  • Fun activities to enjoy. 

Medium Term Accommodation (MTA)

City to Country Care provides Medium Term Accommodation as one of our home and living supports.  NDIS provides this funding for somewhere to live if you can’t move into your long-term home because your disability supports aren’t ready.  Medium Term Accommodation is generally funded for up to 90 days.  

For example, you might need Medium Term Accommodation while you wait for your home modifications to be completed.  Or you’ve already secured a long term home, such as Specialist Disability Accommodation, but you’re waiting for another person to move out before you can move in.  

Medium Term Accommodation includes:

  • 24/7 hour supports with all aspects of your daily care and activities in a fully furnished, self-contained, accessible premise
  • All meals are provided throughout the day including breakfast, lunch, dinner, morning and afternoon tea and supper
  • Activities that are fun which you and City to Country Care agree to ie lunches, football, movies, going to the beach etc. 

Short Term Accommodation (STA) & Respite

What is Short accommodation?

This is funding for supports and accommodation for you to live a short time away from your usual home.  Sometimes, your carer may need a break from their caring role.   Short Term Accommodation funding covers the costs of your care in another place.  This can be used in a block of up to 14 days at a time or for one weekend a month.   Maximum funding per plan is 28 days.  You may have a short stay with other people, or by yourself.   

Sometimes a short stay away from home gives you the chance to try new things; it can be a place to make new friends or develop new skills.  

Short Term Accommodation includes:

  • 24/7 hours staffed, fully furnished, self-contained, accessible house
  • Personal care 
  • Food: All meals provided throughout the day including breakfast, lunch, dinner, morning and afternoon tea and supper
  • Activities that are fun which you and City to Country Care agree to ie lunches, football, movies, going 

Independent Living Options (ILO)

An individualised living option helps you use your funded supports to live the way that suits you. It can include things like personal care, help to build your skills, or support with household tasks like shopping or cooking. You can choose the home you live in and set up supports the way that best suits you. An individualised living option is a package of supports that can help you live how you want in the home environment you have chosen.
Having individualised living option supports in your plan will help you work out how you want to live, where you want to live and who you live with. There are lots of choices with individualised living options. You can share your home with friends or housemates. Or you might choose to live in one of City to Country Care’s ILO premises or on your own with the support you need. 

Individualised living option supports don’t include support for activities outside your home, such as work or study, playing sport or going out. If you need support for these activities, we’ll include it in other parts of your plan.